IMPORTANT DATES 2017/18
|Fall Organizational Meeting||August 30, 2017|
Sept 9, 2017
|1st game of RR1||Sept 24, 2017|
|Registration closed||Oct 15, 2017|
Welcome to the Winnipeg Coed Volleyball League!
Established in 1990, the WCVL is an independent, not for profit, volunteer based organization. As of 2016, the WCVL has become the largest volleyball league in Canada. The League is comprised of 18 Tiers, each consisting of 8 adult teams. That gives a total of 144 teams!!! We welcome all skill levels, from recreational to highly competitive. Matches are played Sundays between 9:00AM and 10:00PM from September until April.
**NEW TEAMS - Go to downloads section***
The WCVL FOM will be held on August 30 at 7:30 pm @ Bronx Community Centre 220 Henderson.
ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY BY A TEAM REP!
Failure to attend the meeting may result in losing your placement in the league or not being able to join due to lack of available spots.
Please fill out the preliminary roster sheet from the downloads page and bring to the meeting.
$100 performance bond as well as $300 deposit will be due at minimum.
These are your options for payment:
1. Pay in full at the FOM ($1360 team fee + $100 performace bond = $1460) cash or cheque only.
2. Pay $400 at FOM in cheque or cash (Deposit & Performace bond) and bring another cheque to pay the remainder ($1060) postdated for the Registration deadline on Oct 15, 2017
3. Pay $400 at FOM then pay the remainder in cash to your convenor or treasurer by the registration deadline.
4. Pay $400 at FOM then pay the remainder via etransfer to email@example.com by the registration deadline.
Hope to see you all there!
WCVL is an independent league
The League is structured as a 17-18 Tier League (8 teams per tier)
Match play is on Sundays between 9:00AM and 10:00PM
WCVL is a not for profit organization.
The regular seasons run from September to April, with Tier Championships usually held during the last two Sundays of the season
There are three round robins of play. (7 matches per round robin)
Matches are played - best of 5. (Games 1-4 - no cap. Game 5 **15pts - no cap)
Tier movement occurs at the conclusion of each round robin.
The top two teams moves up to the next tier. The bottom two teams drop to the next lower tier. Tier placement is also reviewed by the executive.
All matches are officiated by MVOA officials.
- For the 2017/18 season the cost per team is $1360. This includes $100 performance bond for 21 matches.
- Each team has a guaranteed minimum one Play-off match.
Big thank you to all of the WCVL participants & Staff for helping us take the title of the largest volleyball league in Canada!
Check out this video!
Special Thanks to Keith for doing the research and creating this news report.
Subscribe to VballNewsReports now :)
On the Downloads Tab we have added a document outlining WCVL General Rules. This document summarizes the policy and has all important information that EVERY team captain has to know. Please take the time to read/download the document.