IMPORTANT DATES 2017/18
|Fall Organizational Meeting||Aug 30, 2017|
Sept 9, 2017
|First game of RR1||Sept 24, 2017|
|NO GAMES - Thanksgiving||Oct 8, 2017|
|Registration closed - Full fees due||Oct 15, 2017|
|Uniform Deadline||Oct 22, 2017
|First game of RR2||Nov 19, 2017|
|NO GAMES - Grey Cup||Nov 26, 2017|
|NO GAMES - Xmas Break||Dec 24 & 31, 2017|
|First game in new year||Jan 7, 2018|
|First game RR3||Jan 28, 2018|
|NO GAMES - SuperBowl||Feb 4, 2018|
|NO GAMES - Louis Riel||Feb 19, 2018|
|NO GAMES - Easter||April 1, 2018|
April 8 & 15, 2018
|AGM - Mandatory||TBA|
Welcome to the Winnipeg Coed Volleyball League!
Established in 1990, the WCVL is an independent, not for profit, volunteer based organization. As of 2016, the WCVL has become the largest volleyball league in Canada. The League is comprised of 18 Tiers, each consisting of 8 adult teams. That gives a total of 144 teams!!! We welcome all skill levels, from recreational to highly competitive. Matches are played Sundays between 9:00AM and 10:00PM from September until April.
**NEW TEAMS - Go to downloads section***
Here are your options for payment that were posted at the Meeting.
These are your options for payment:
1. Pay in full at the FOM ($1260 team fee + $100 performace bond = $1360) cash or cheque only.
2. Pay $400 at FOM in cheque or cash (Deposit & Performace bond) and bring another cheque to pay the remainder ($960) postdated for the Registration deadline on Oct 15, 2017
3. Pay $400 at FOM then pay the remainder in cash to your convenor or treasurer by the registration deadline.
4. Pay $400 at FOM then pay the remainder via etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org by the registration deadline.
|NET TAKE DOWN|
|5||11:00am||CPET *Net take down||1|
|10||11:00am||CPET *Net take down||2|
|18||8:30pm||CHIEF *net take down||1|
|9||8:30pm||CHIEF *net take down||2|
|1||8:30pm||MBCI-R **net take down||1|
|14||8:30pm||MBCI-R **net take down||2|
|4||8:30pm||MBCI-B **net take down||1|
|6||8:30pm||MBCI-B **net take down||2|
|11||8:30pm||BWCS *Net take down||1|
|16||8:30pm||BWCS *Net take down||2|
|3||8:30pm||BWCS *Net take down||3|
The volleyballs have arrived! The price per ball is $65 tax included. (Regular price of the ball is $69.95+ GST and shipping = $93.65). We were able to save you $28.65 per ball! If you are interested in purchasing one, please contact Agata at email@example.com. If paying by cheque please make it payable to WCVL.
WCVL is an independent league
The League is structured as a 17-18 Tier League (8 teams per tier)
Match play is on Sundays between 9:00AM and 10:00PM
WCVL is a not for profit organization.
The regular seasons run from September to April, with Tier Championships usually held during the last two Sundays of the season
There are three round robins of play. (7 matches per round robin)
Matches are played - best of 5. (Games 1-4 - no cap. Game 5 **15pts - no cap)
Tier movement occurs at the conclusion of each round robin.
The top two teams moves up to the next tier. The bottom two teams drop to the next lower tier. Tier placement is also reviewed by the executive.
All matches are officiated by MVOA officials.
- For the 2017/18 season the total cost per team is $1360. This includes the required $100 performance bond for 21 matches.
- Each team has a guaranteed minimum one Play-off match.